Coffee is a very popular drink for all of us. Coffee is present not only in Vietnam but also in all over the world. Café has a long history, there is an art from processing, mixing and even it formed a so-called "COFFEE CULTURE" to honor this drink.
In science, the ingredient that creates the alluring power of coffee is Caffeine, but maybe few people know what caffeine is? Is it good or bad, how does it affect the human body? Let's explore together:
1. Caffeine & preparation
- The chemical formula of this attractant is Trimethuhxanthine C8H10N4O2
- In nature, Caffeine is present in 60 types of plants, typically pure coffee beans, tea leaves, Guarana (a climbing plant, the plant with the most caffeine, often used in soft drinks. contains caffeine), Yerba Mate 'tea, cola seeds….
- Caffeine is extracted by cooking seeds and leaves under high pressure along with CO2 to create a pharmaceutical product in the form of a powder.
2. GOOD EFFECTS OF CAFFEINE
- Caffeine works to increase your level of stimulation: make you feel happier and more excited
- Prevent the function of the receptors of the body (adnosine): make you not feel tired, sleepy.
- Caffeine may increase the ability to study temporarily. Increase ability: perceive, memorize, reflect and think more clearly.
- Caffeine is also beneficial for athletes: 5md per 1 kg of body weight prolongs the body's stamina, it reduces the burning of glucose, while increasing the burning of body fat.
- 90% of Americans consume caffeine in different forms daily. Caffeine affects the brain region similar to Cocaine, Amphetamine and Heroine. Acts as a sedative.
3. CAFFEINE CAUSES NEGATIVE EFFECTS
- Using Caffeine overdose can be lethal: the content in the human body ranges from 150-200mg per 1 Kg can be lethal. This is equivalent to 100 cups of caffeine in 4 hours.
- Caffeine has a strong effect within the first 30-45 minutes, then gradually decreases the effect in 3 hours.
- Caffeine can cause physical dependence, symptoms include: headache, fatigue, boredom, irritable temper, decreased energy. Time to get rid of it can be from 12-24 hours, and can last from 2-9 days abundantly.
- Insomnia: the effect of caffeine keeps the brain in an active state, so it prevents drowsiness. Next is the feeling of urination, so you cannot sleep because you have to urinate constantly. Diarrhea: Caffeine promotes faster digestion, making food reach the colon faster than normal.
HITLER was injected with Glucose and Caffeine directly into the body to maintain his energy during the final days of World War II.